Handle with Care™-Staff safety and defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive - Hobart, TAS
Hobart , TAS
- Tuesday, 20th October 2020 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
The training package entitled Handle with Care™-Staff safety and defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive, developed by David Cherry
- Managing your own feelings in difficult circumstances;
- Minimising risk;
- Legal issues;
- Guidelines for managing difficult situations;
- General principles for managing difficult behaviour;
- Using language that does not create resistance;
- A suggested structure for some difficult conversations;
- Dealing with individuals according to their different anger triggers and;
- Communication skills and strategies for defusing situations where individuals may be aggressive.
When: Tuesday, 20th October 2020 from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Where: Hobart College -Sustainability Learning Centre (SLC), Olinda Grove, Mount Nelson Tasmania 7007
Cost: The early bird booking is $275 registration (GST included). Morning tea and lunch is provided.
To register: Register and complete payment below. A Tax Invoice will be emailed to you. The payment needs to be completed before the workshop
occurs, for the registration to be fully confirmed.
Facilitator: David Cherry
David Cherry is a Clinical and Forensic Psychologist who has been working for over 40 years. David has worked as a Family Court Counsellor and worked in
residential care for 14 ½ years with children and young people who could not live at home because of concerns about abuse and neglect. David has extensive
experience in preparing staff to cope in difficult working environments as well as in providing support for individuals and groups after difficult
incidents. David was a volunteer with the Victorian SES for 4 years where he was involved in road crash rescue and searches rescue among other duties.