Survival Cards (Downloadable PDF) are a resilience-based tool for discussions with individuals or groups that name the positive and negative solutions
people use to cope with life challenges. People often use negative coping strategies, even when they detest those responses. The difference between
these choices is more governed by the interaction between our significant hopes and dreams and our fears/anxieties. Survival Cards use a life systems
approach to support change in people’s lives.
Survival Cards are symbolised as:
- Cards with blue borders: Restrictive Solutions (negative coping strategies)
- Cards with green borders: Enabling Solutions (positive coping strategies)
Survival Cards support the idea that people’s lives are full of driving forces (hopes and dreams) and reactive forces that work against them (fears and
anxieties). As a result of these forces, our actions or behaviours are either restrictive (less likely to achieve our hopes and dreams) or they are
enabling (more likely to lead to greater achievement of hopes and dreams as long as we learn from the challenges we face).
The resource includes:
- 34 different Survival Cards (A5 size - Version 4) with images. Click here to view a sample of the cards.
- A 14-page (A-4) guide for using these resources that includes 7 creative exercises.
Cost: PDF Downloadable Version - $22.00 Aust (GST included). Click 'Buy now' to purchase. Then you:
- Print the Survival Cards. They are designed to be printed in colour on white or coloured paper. Trim each of the cards after printing. They are best
laminated and can then be used for a variety of exercises. Alternatively, they can just be printed in black and white.
- Read the introduction and overview of the exercises and enjoy the creative use of this resource.
- When using them with clients, they can be encouraged to keep the card as a reminder of a goal they are working on as you can just reprint another copy.
It is recommended that this file is opened with the latest version of PDF Reader – http://www.adobe.com/au/products/reader.html
Conditions of the PDF download
- Downloads of the PDF file from the website are restricted to two copies.
- Downloads need to occur from the original computer (IP address).
- The PDF download is for the sole use of the subscriber and cannot be emailed to other people.
- If your computer is replaced and you need additional copies of the PDF file (beyond 2 downloads), please contact GWS.